It’s that time again! The lights are up, and the shops are filled with Christmas colours. My favorite time of year! This week also marks the time when I access my seasonal storage room at Fort Box for my Christmas storage boxes. Opening each box reminds me of previous years and evokes nostalgic memories.
There are several ways you can use your seasonal storage room throughout the year, but here are a few to try this season:
- Want to keep those Christmas gifts away from your children’s prying eyes? Hide them in your storage room at Fort Box! I am always thinking Christmas and collect presents all year round. Don’t forget to wrap them in your storage room before placing them under the tree.
- Find yourself with lots of Christmas wrapping paper left over after gifts are unwrapped? Save it and use it to wrap delicate items and provide cushioning between ornaments. It helps protect them during transport back to storage and next year you will have festively wrapped ornaments!
- Load up on Boxing Day specials! If there is a good deal on your favorite items, stock up! Keep extras in your storage room until you need.
Remember seasonal storage is not limited to just Christmas storage. It can be used for sport and recreational equipment as well as clothes and decorative items that you use at certain times of the year. It would be lovely to hear from you! Share how you use your seasonal Christmas storage. Email me at email@example.com.
Storing important documents securely and in an organised fashion is a necessity for most businesses. For legal reasons businesses may need to store financial records and important documents for several years. Instead of expanding their already expensive office space, businesses have started using secure business document storage. Renting a storage room offers you the accessibility and security needed for records storage. A few readers have recently asked me for tips to keep their record storage organised. Here are a few you should consider.
• Create a Label System – Organise similar business documents in files or boxes and clearly label the contents. Since handwriting can sometimes be mis-interpreted, make sure and use a printed label and place on the top and front of your box. Keep track of your boxes on a spreadsheet, or better yet, your SmartTrakr™ app and website!
• Organise Your Business Document Storage Room – Being able to access your important documents quickly should be your goal. Make sure to make the most of your storage room and utilise shelving. It also helps to create a walkway down the middle of our storage room so you can get in and out in a snap. Keep boxes that you reference frequently towards the front of your room.
• Use a Retrieval and Delivery Service – Using a removal service saves time making trips between your office and storage room. Fort Box offers one FREE weekly Pick-up or Retrieval of your inventoried record storage boxes. Don’t forget to take advantage of this. No one needs unnecessary stress added to their work day!
It would be lovely to hear from you! Share how you keep your business document storage space organised. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am very excited this week to tell you about the new mobile app and website Fort Box launched called SmartTrakr™! Ever wonder what you have stored in your self storage space? Maybe you wrote it down on a piece of paper that you can no longer locate? Whatever you have, wherever you have it, SmatTrakr™ can organise your space and tell you where it is! Sounds brilliant, right?
SmartTrakr™ lets you create an inventory of your items stored at your Fort Box storage unit, office, and in your home. By having your belongings organised and available at a touch of a button (or mouse), you’ll no longer find yourself searching through rooms and boxes for that one item you are looking for. Accessible on your iPhone and the smarttrakr.com website, SmartTrakr helps you organise your space and track your belongings by location, box, and item.
Being organised can also save you time. SmartTrakr™ can send a request to your Fort Box manager to prepare a box for pick-up or have it shipped to another destination. I have given the app the “Louise Test” (I am not a tech gal) and found it to be really easy to use. There is even a barcode scanning feature and it downloads all the information for your item. I feel so organised just thinking about it!
Now there are a few things I should mention. SmartTrakr™ is for Fort Box and CubeSmart℠ customers only. Contact your Fort Box location for more information.
It would be lovely to hear from you! Share how you organise your space with SmartTrakr™. Email me at email@example.com.