Small space living has its benefits. The first that comes to my mind is – less there is to clean! Then there is the obvious – less square footage means more money to spend on the finer things in life. Unfortunately, there is always a negative. Small spaces typically come with less storage, and that can be problematic. Here are a few self storage solutions for your small space.
- Add Shelving – Empty walls are valuable real estate. By adding a tall shelving unit you are able to utilise the floor to ceiling space. Going vertical will create more storage space.
- Stack it – Clear plastic storage bins are durable, inexpensive, and guarantee maximum space conservation. Purchasing the clear bins lets you easily identify their contents. Fort Box has several sized plastic bins for purchase at their storage centres.
- Consider renting storage space! – A storage locker or storage unit is a great small space solution. By storing seasonal items like your summer wardrobe, bike, and even your collection of shoes (that you just can’t part with), you can rent a smaller flat and still save money by renting a storage unit.
How are you effectively using your small space? It would be lovely to hear from you! Email me at email@example.com with your self storage solutions.
This week I was able to meet up with the self storage experts at Fort Box to ask them what storage tips my readers must know about. The storage tips they provided are helpful and advantageous for anyone utilising self storage. Enjoy!
• Fill boxes to capacity, as partially full or bulging boxes may tip or collapse – use lightweight items such as cushions to ‘fill out’ space.
• Heavy items should be packed into small boxes so that they are easy to lift.
• Label or number boxes for easy reference when you need to locate your goods.
• Make up an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home. (Ask about our new inventory management app and website called SmartTrakr™!)
• Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in tissue paper or bubble wrap before storing.
• Wardrobe boxes allow you to store your clothing on hangers which keeps their shape. (Did you read the post on Top Storage Boxes)
• Place heavy or bulky items in the room first to provide a good stacking base.
• Plan your storage space – put those items that you need often near the front, close to the door.
• To maximise space stack similar sized storage boxes together.
• Do not place heavy items on sofas or mattresses.
• Always place a protective cover over your soft furnishings.
• Stack chairs seat to seat with cloth or paper to separate them.
• Avoid stacking or leaning furniture against outside walls to aid ventilation.
Do you have a storage tip to share? It would be lovely to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Think “outside the box” when it comes to office storage! A cramped office can affect productivity as well as appearance. Placing excess office furniture, inventory, or archives in storage downsizes the clutter and can up size your profits.
Here are a few storage tips to consider when choosing the right space for your business storage:
- Flexible Lease Terms – make sure your storage company offers flexible storage options so you only pay for the space you need. You can easily increase or decrease the physical space you need by notifying the manager.
- Transport Services – your storage company should offer several types of transport services. Fort Box offers Removal Service, Item Retrieval, and accepts 3rd party deliveries – so you can focus on growing your business and not stress about how your items get from A to B.
Office space can be very expensive. By utilising business storage, you can save on office space while keeping your business stock securely nearby.
Have a specific business storage question? It would be lovely to hear from you! Email me at email@example.com.