Its a well-known fact that the days of picking up storage boxes behind the local market are over. Spending just a few quid on quality storage boxes and packing supplies will save hours of frustration. When it comes to storage boxes there are a few that I find to be excellent companions.
- The Wardrobe Box – It’s a big box with a rack inside for hanging clothes on hangers. This is an excellent time saving invention for clothes packing! No more winkles, no more folding. You can even box your clothes by season or person. Just move them right from your closet to the rack in the box.
- Medium Box – This is my go-to box. It is sturdy enough to hold something heavy like a printer and the dimensions (405x405x405mm) are good for transporting. Small and large storage boxes have their purpose, but seems like everything can fit nice and snug in a medium storage box.
- Archive Box – Is a strong, self-locking (no need for tape) box for archiving and storage of files, folders, bills, and important documents. Having moved several times, I have found this box to keep my papers nice and organised.
For more information and pricing on storage boxes and packing supplies visit the packing supplies offered at Fort Box.
Have a specific storage box question? It would be lovely to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When planning to move, the use of removal services is an important consideration. Summer time is the busiest time of the year for moving. The beginning and end of each month are traditionally busier than the middle of the month, regardless of season. If you are planning a move during one of those times, plan well in advance to schedule your removal services. Alternatively, you can skip the gym and roll up your sleeves to do the heavy lifting yourself! Here are some factors to help you decide between doing it yourself or utilizing a removal services company:
- A reputable, professional removals company is the way to go for most people. It will cost you more than doing it yourself, but look for a removal company that partners with your storage company since they may offer discounts for these services.
- If you’re currently in a relatively small space, you’re much less likely to require a removal company. If your items are going to storage, call your storage company and see if they offer van collection as that may do the job (ahem, Fort Box Storage offers Free Van Collection on select storage units!). If you are moving house to house, contact a reputable storage company that offers van service.
- Many heavy pieces of furniture should point you toward using a removal services company.
- If you’ve lived in your current location for more than three years, you’re more likely to have accumulated more boxes and might require removal assistance.
Have a specific moving question? It would be lovely to hear from you! Email me at email@example.com.
Moving house takes time, and if your doing your own packing make sure and you give yourself plenty of it! Plan to start at least six weeks before your move date. “Plan” is the keyword here. Planning well ahead and staying as coordinated and organised as possible will be a lifesaver.
Packing many or all of your items yourself will save you money on the total cost of your move. Alternatively, use the Packing Service offered at Fort Box where a professional mover inventories and packs items at your residence or business. Utilise these tips and tools for properly and safely packing your house before your next move.
- Create an Packing Inventory – Knowing what you have and where it belongs is essential to a stress-free move.
- Have a Packing Plan – Packing a house can be overwhelming. Make a plan and try to pack one room at-a-time. Packing and storing the boxes by room will help keep you organised and the unpacking efforts in the future.
- Use Legit Storage Boxes – It is tempting to skimp on storage boxes by visiting local centres to collect spare ones. Those boxes are not designed for moving and may compromise your valuables. Spending just a couple quid on the proper quality storage boxes will save hours of frustration. Check out the packaging supplies at Fort Box, and determine the ideal uses for each storage box.
- Pack Your Storage Boxes Right – For a sturdy box, tape the seam on the bottom and run another piece of tape perpendicular to that seam. Pad the bottom of the box with paper and wrap fragile items individually. Be sure to label the sides of the storage box, not just the top, so the label is always visible.
Have a specific packing question? It would be lovely to hear from you! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selling your property? De-clutter and stage wisely! First impressions count. Professional stagers will often remove 50% of a home’s contents to make it feel more spacious and immaculate. De-cluttering helps make rooms appear larger and is critical to a successful sale. Sure, your home has that personalized, lived-in look, right?! Well, that’s exactly what buyers don’t want to see. They ‘ll want to feel comfortable and be able to imagine themselves living there.
Almost every home shows better with less furniture. Place large furniture and items that are rarely used in a storage unit so a potential buyer can see the actual space and size of your home. Think of this process as a head start on the packing and removal you will eventually need to do!
Leave just enough furniture in each room to showcase the room’s purpose. Make sure potential buyers can determine what each room can be used for. Here are a few, helpful self storage tips to consider when staging your home.
- De-personalise – I’m not saying to throw away your child’s drawings or family photos. This is a perfect time to utilize self-storage to keep all your personal items conveniently packed away until your home sells.
- Stay Motivated – buy some boxes and do one room at a time. Create a plan and set a time limit for packing so you stay on task. Gathering personal items can certainly be tempting to flip through!
- Neutralise – non-neutral items are those that fit a particular taste or style. Your home décor should be less about showing off your unique (but impeccable!) style and more about maximising the amount you can get for your house.
Simplify the renovation process by using self storage. Are you a business? Store extra stock offsite and save loads of money!
Living with clutter can be stressful. Weekly I will provide simple, convenient, and inexpensive ways to de-clutter and de-stress. Do you have a specific question? It would be lovely to hear from you! Email me at email@example.com.